Business Visas for Japan by SHIMAX Legal


Intra-company Transferee

The Intra-Company Transferee visa, as the name suggests, is for foreign national employees of a foreign company or office who have been transferred or assigned to a Japan based group company or office.

When an employee (excluding company officers or management) is transferred to Japan, they will acquire an Intra-Company Transferee visa. By contrast when a company officer or senior management is assigned, in principle, they should obtain a Business Manager visa.

In order to obtain an Intra-Company Transferee visa, an applicant must meet the following requirements.

  1. Has been employed by the foreign office for at least one year
  2. Has been engaged in work that would qualify for the Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services visa
  3. Is being transferred or assigned to Japan for a fixed length term
  4. Will be receiving a salary comparable to a Japanese worker performing similar work